The organisation “Reve et Espoir” is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), aided by the Ministry of Education of Mauritius and CSRs (Cooperate Social Responsibility) from Businesses, which provides services for children and young adults with mental & physical disabilities.
The association was founded in 1996 with the objectives to:
Rehabilitate, form and integrate its beneficiaries into society.
Run a school-based community service that provides services for disabled persons of Tamarin, Rivière Noire, Bambous, Case Noyale, La Gaulette, Le Morne and the other neighbouring villages.
To support people with disabilities and their families.
To encourage and maintain community involvement in assisting people with disabilities.
To develop the autonomy and independence of the beneficiaries.
To treat all people with disabilities with respect and dignity, focusing on one’s abilities as well as disabilities.
At Rêve et Espoir, The ECOLOGICAL CURRICULUM is the pillar of the Education we provide to our Beneficiaries
- focus on LEARNING and not TEACHING
• Based on the Individual’s NEEDS (PERSON-CENTERED PLANNING)
• Considers NEEDS and PREFERENCES of the FAMILIES (Collaborative Planning Processes)
• Builds on LOCAL OPPORTUNITIES and RESOURCES (Ecological Inventories and Assessments)
OUR PRIORITY TARGETS
1. LEARNER’S QUALITY OF LIFE
• Emotional Well-being • Interpersonal Relations • Material Well-being • Personal Development • Physical Well-being • Self-Determination • Social Inclusion
2. ELIMINATING ABUSE
• Abuse might be Accidental/Unintentional OR Intentional: 1. Neglect 2. Physical Abuse 3. Emotional and Psychological Abuse 4. Discriminations 5. Financial 6. Institutional
REGISTRATION NO.: 4921
ACCREDITATION NO. National CSR Committee: N./1091